For health professionals involved in Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) diagnosis
eLearning modules for health professionals involved in Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) diagnosis
The eLearning modules are designed to provide clinicians with:
- an introduction to FASD including characteristics and manifestations
- an understanding of the risks and effects of alcohol use in pregnancy and how to assess alcohol use in pregnancy
- information needed to conduct a diagnostic assessment using the three diagnostic criteria
- general principles for discussing the diagnosis, developing a management plan and supporting families and individuals after a FASD diagnosis
- an understanding of referral and screening criteria for FASD
The development of Australian Guide to the Diagnosis of FASD and the eLearning modules were led by the University of Sydney and Telethon Kids Institute and funded by the Australian Government Department of Health.
Please read the following information before commencing the modules
About the modules
- The modules are designed to be self-paced and can be completed in more than one session
- Each module includes learning objectives and assessment questions at the end
- Video and audio segments are embedded to provide more information
- On the overview page of each new module, the ‘Materials’ tab will provide resources and reference material
- After completing the module/s please complete the brief participant evaluation survey – your feedback is very much appreciated
Certificate of Completion
You must complete the registration process, all the modules, topics, quizzes and the participant evaluation to receive a certificate of completion.
When all modules and the evaluation component have been successfully completed, there is an opportunity to request a Certificate of Completion via the automated system as documentation for professional development purposes. The system will automatically check that all lessons have been completed. If your request for a certificate is approved, an automatically generated certificate which includes your name (this will be generated from your registration details) and the date of completion will be available to download.
Please mark each topic as completed as you progress through.
Continual Professional Development
You may be able to count these eLearning modules towards continual professional development (CPD) requirements with your professional association. Each professional association has its own requirements for CPD. Please check with your association before you commence this course.
Commencing the modules
You need to register before you can access the training.
When you register you will be asked to create a profile containing your name, email address and password. The name you use to register for the eLearning modules will be used on the system-generated Certificate of Completion. You will also be asked three demographic questions.